Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule
Upcoming In-Person Radon Courses
- Continuing Education - Heartland Chapter of AARST
- EPA Region 7 Radon Stakeholders Meeting - Des Moines, IA
Join us for Continuing Education
March 5, 2018 - Des Moines, IA
March is just around the corner and your Heartland Chapter of AARST has two training options available the day before the Region 7 EPA/State Radon Stakeholders' Meeting at the Airport Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
Join us Monday, March 5, 2018 for one of two tracks offered. We look forward to seeing all of you in March.
Airport Holiday Inn and Convention Center
6111 Fleur Drive
Des Moines, IA 50321
Room Rate: $95 per night plus tax
8 am to 5 pm
Heartland Chapter of AARST
Two separate 8 hour CE Tracks:
- "The Revised MAMF 2017 Standard: Conducting Measurements of Radon in Buildings"
This portion will serve radon professionals who have obtained the Advanced Certificate in MF Measurement, and would like to be familiar with the changes in the standard, as well as professionals who do not have the Advanced Certificate but do MF measurement and would like to become familiar with the revised Standard.
2 hrs Cat I CE – NRPP AMAH-201
- "Design and Installation of Soil Gas Control Systems in New Construction of Large Buildings"
This portion will serve radon professionals who are or would like to be involved in the design and installation of RRNC in large buildings and HUD work.
6 hrs Cat I CE - NRPP AMAH-202
- "Developing Your Radon Business in Two Parts"
The first part will review modern tools for employee selection and performing effective employee appraisals. The second part will concentrate on promotion and digital marketing trends.
4 hrs Cat I CE – NRPP KSU-211
- "Radon Certification Criteria - What You Need to Do Your Job"
This new four-hour course taps the experience of radon professional to generate essential requirements for both employees and new practitioners in the fields of radon measurement and radon mitigation. Participate in important Q&A with focus on important changes to the radon industry.
4 hrs Cat I CE - NRPP TBD
EPA Region 7 Radon Stakeholders' Meeting
March 6, 2018 - Des Moines, IA
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required hands-on field session is also completed and the Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: 30 days of access upon registration
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: February 1 – March 31, 2018 (start anytime February 1 or after, finish by March 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: 30 days of access upon registration
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- AARST-NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: